Welcome to Philadelphia Public Art @ philart.net
This site is a collection of the webmaster's pictures of 953 sculptures, fountains, mosaics and memorials in Philadelphia, with
- indices for titles, artists, years, people, landmarks, architecture and content
- 13 exhibits
- 33 tours with both list and map views
- thumbnails that link to the larger pictures
- locations with latitude, longitude and [map] links
- underlined words and dates in the text for each piece that link to related pieces in the collection
- underlined titles that link to individual piece pages
- external links (preceded with a +) for artists, artworks, people, and landmarks
The webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does he have any official connection to any of the bewildering array of private organizations, non-profit institutions, universities, and city and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in Philadelphia.
All pictures (but not the artworks in the pictures) are copyright Christopher William Purdom, and may only be used for non-commercial purposes with attribution and a link.
Added the Episcopal Cathedral Entrance
Added two pictures of the large figures on the corners of the N.W. Ayer Building
Added the Nearby feature.
Two new pictures of Striving
Added the Old Zion Entrance
Six new pictures of Grow Old Along With Me. The Best is Yet to Be
Changed the Content indexes to sort by relative importance order of the content type within each piece.
Added the Northwestern National Bank Building at Ridge and Fairmount
Four new pictures of Balancing Act