Welcome to Philadelphia Public Art @ philart.net
This site is a collection of the webmaster's pictures of 890 sculptures, fountains, mosaics and memorials in Philadelphia, with
- indices for titles, artists, years, people, landmarks, architecture and content
- 13 exhibits
- 32 tours with both list and map views
- thumbnails that link to the larger pictures
- locations with latitude, longitude and [map] links
- underlined words and dates in the text for each piece that link to related pieces in the collection
- underlined titles that link to individual piece pages
- external links (preceded with a +) for artists, artworks, people, and landmarks
The webmaster does not own any of the artworks shown here, nor does he have any official connection to any of the bewildering array of private organizations, non-profit institutions, universities, and city and state commissions, programs, departments, agencies, and authorities that own, purchase, maintain, catalog, and/or approve public artworks in Philadelphia.
All pictures (but not the artworks in the pictures) are copyright Christopher William Purdom, and may only be used for non-commercial purposes with attribution and a link.
Added the Suzanne Roberts Theatre Sign
Three new pictures of China Gate
Added the Eugene Ormandy piece outside the Ormandy Ballroom. Any information about this piece would be greatly appreciated.
Four new pictures of the Commuter Tunnel Mural plus a rename, a landmark rename, and additional attribution
Added the October 4, 1922 Fire Memorial Plaque
Two new pictures of the City Seal at the Municipal Services Building
Four new pictures of Mary Dyer
Added the Gulf Refinery Fire Memorial
Two new pictures of Joseph J. Greenberg Jr.'s Bird