The Spirit of Enterprise
Jacques Lipchitz, 1950 - 1960
* Quote from Theodore Roosevelt
* big eagle, snake, person leaning forward
* inscription: Our nation glorious in youth and strength looks into the future with fearless and eager eyes as vigorous as a young man to run a race. -Theodore Roosevelt
* Central Terrace Ellen Phillips Samuel Memorial. Kelly Drive, past Boat House Row.
* 39.973600,-75.190875 [map]
* On the Kelly Drive tour.
* Exhibits: Favorites
* See also:
+wikipedia.org's Jacque Lipchitz page
+wikipedia.org's Theodore Roosevelt page
+ushistory.org's Samuel Memorial tour page
War Memorial Flagpole
Charles Rudy, 1951
* group of people standing
* Also known as All Wars Memorial to Penn Alumni
The University of Pennsylvania
1740 To her sons who died in the service of their country 1950
A brood of sturdy men who stood for freedom and for truth. -Sir Walter Mitchell, class of 1848.
This memorial presented by Walter H. Annenberg, class of 1931.
* East side of 33rd South of Walnut (across from Smith Walk).
* 39.951850,-75.190120 [map]
* On the Penn Campus tour.
* Exhibits: War
* See also:
+michenermuseum.org's Charles Rudy page