Drexel University Main Building Entrance
1890 - 1891
* Busts of Aesculapius, Johann Sebastian Bach, Christopher Columbus, Michael Faraday, Galileo, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Alexander von Humboldt, Thomas Jefferson, Michelangelo, Moses, Isaac Newton, Raphael, William Shakespeare and William of Sens
* small heads, standing angel
* These busts in niches go all the way around the inside of the arch, including two that are looking straight down. Moses and Aesculapius are on either side of the angel on the front.
* Entrance. Main Building, Drexel University. North side of Chestnut, just East of the 32nd Street walkway.
* 39.953850,-75.187000 [map]
* On the Avenue of Technology tour.
* Exhibits: Religious, Unidentified
* See also:
+philadelphia buildings.org's page for the building
+wikipedia.org's Aesculapius page
+wikipedia.org's Christopher Columbus page
+ideafinder.com's Michael Faraday page
+The Galileo Project @ Rice University
+wikipedia.org's Goethe page
+wikipedia.org's Alexander von Humboldt page
+wikipedia.org's Thomas Jefferson page
+wikipedia.org's Michelangelo page
+wikipedia.org's Isaac Newton page
+wikipedia.org's Raphael page
+wikipedia.org's William Shakespeare page
+biography of William of Sens