On the Independence Mall tour.
Christopher T. Ray, 1976
* big seed
Source: Deuteronomy 8:7-8:11
"...for the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land..."
The Seed symbolizes the generation of creative life in America, the Good Land which has made us welcome. In its roots exist the reminder of our origins and traditions. In the leaves are the elements of continuing growth. From the pod and its emerging flowr comes the promise of the future.
* Entrance. Mikveh Israel. East Side of 5th Street, North of Market, along the walkway between 4th and 5th..
* 39.951175,-75.147550 [map]
* See also:
Jonathan Netanyahu Memorial
Buky Schwartz, 1986
* Memorial to Jonathan Netanyahu
Entebbe, Jonathan Netanyahu, July 4, 1976.
They were swifter than eagles, they were faster than lions. The bow of Jonathan turned not back. II Samuel 1.22,23
Jonathan Netanyahu, 1946-1976
* Outside Mikveh Israel. East Side of 5th Street, North of Market, along the walkway between 4th and 5th.
* 39.951115,-75.147760 [map]
* Exhibits: Religious, War
* See also:
+The museum's page for this piece
+Max Buten's picture of this piece
+wikipedia.org's Jonathan Netanyahu page