Artist: Walker Hancock
Pennsylvania Railroad World War II Memorial
Walker Hancock, 1952
* big vertical people (one winged)
In memory of the men and women of the Pennsylvania Railroad who laid down their lives for our country 1941-1945.
That all travelers here may remember those of the Pennsylvania Railroad who did not return from the Second World War.
* Main lobby. 30th Street Station. North side of Market between 29th and 30th.
* 39.955635,-75.181575 [map]
* On the Avenue of Technology tour
* Exhibits: Religious, War
* See also:
+Prominently displayed in the movie Witness
+wikipedia.org's 30th Street Station page
John Paul Jones
Walker Hancock, 1957
* Statue of John Paul Jones
* standing person, hat, telescope, sword
Sailor and diplomat, commander of squadrons.
Against desperate odds, his own ship afire and sinking, he defeated the British man-of-war Serapis and established our power upon the seas.
He gave our Navy its first traditions of heroism and victory.
* Part of the William M. Reilly Memorial. On the hill, South side of Kelly Drive, West of 26th.
* 39.967050,-75.182625 [map]
* On the Art Museum Grounds tour
* Exhibits: War
* See also:
+phillyhistory.org 1959 picture of this piece
+wikipedia.org's John Paul Jones page
+John Paul Jones @ SeacoastNH.com
Walker Hancock, 1979 (installed 2015)
* small horizontal flying person, globe, clouds
* Originally at the Civic Center. In storage from 1999-2014.
* River side of Schuylkill Banks at Cherry.
* 39.957300,-75.178650 [map]
* On the JFK North tour
* Exhibits: New, Moved