Ruth and Raymond G. Perelman Building
Lee Lawrie, 1926 - 1927
* Building renamed in honor of Raymond G. Perelman and Ruth Perelman
* big people standing sitting, furniture, weapons, kite, ships, tools and machines, dogs, horses, alligators, elephants, owls, squirrels, buildings, trains, plants, symbols and words
* Originally an insurance building. Donated to the Art Museum by the Perelmans. The pictures here are only a representative sampling of the art.
In the honor and perpetuity of the family is founded the state. In the nobler life of the household is the nobler life of mankind.
He labors best who loves best : the finest work of a man's life is to open the doors of opportunity to those who depend on him.
* Northwest corner of Fairmount and Pennsylvania.
* 39.967490,-75.179490 [map]
* On the Parkway tour.
* Exhibits: New
* See also:
+Museum press release about the donation
+philadelphiabuildings.org's page for the building
+Max Buten's picture of one of the reliefs
+Another Max Buten picture of one of the reliefs