Alexander Milne Calder, 1894
* Statue of William Penn
* big standing person wearing a hat
* Billy Penn's hat was once higher than all the buildings in the city. The last two pictures are of references to this piece from the murals at 12th and Walnut and 24th and Chestnut.
* There is a much smaller copy in Welcome Park
* Also referenced by The Tableau
* Part of the whole building's art. On top of the tower of City Hall. Broad and Market.
* 39.952750,-75.163350 [map]
* On the City Hall tour
* See also:
+phillyhistory.org undated picture of the head of this piece
+phillyhistory.org 1893 picture of this piece in the courtyard
+wikipedia.org's Alexander Milne Calder page
+wikipedia.org's William Penn page
+philadelphiabuildings.org's City Hall page
+wikipedia.org's City Hall page